Olympian Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the official forums of Olympian

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
please download the GSC server, its free and its a talk server! the address is www.getgsc.com/gsc/downloads

Anger Management?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Polikyt

alliance rank : member

Anger Management? Empty
PostSubject: Anger Management?   Anger Management? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 3:10 am

I am suggesting this post because we all have things we wish to see 'helped' by even those who are in charge. If we cannot voice our complaints here...Then where?

I am sure there a few that would say I am 'cocky', even for a girl. I have no doubts of that. I am sure I am not the best to lead this discussion. But... There should a place wherein you can voice your opinion, good or bad, with the ones who lead us. They will feel no ill-will for you stating it, and it is not seen by outsiders.

As-Is the the semantical regard, I will go first:

I was called "Stupid" by someone higher up on the food chain than me. Here is my question;

Do you consider that a general direction you wish to go, or a lapse in judgement? Also, even if I do consider myself "Stupid", should that word be applied to everyone or just the anti-thinking ones?

I have read enough Doug Hoffstader to know what "stupid" does entail, so we can both be assured that it wasn't a one-way street. I ONLY wish I were Forrest Gump.

But that is my complaint, and I am sure that everyone here wishes to know the outcome. (I steadily send 1m+ plus per day of goods to allies, so I guess its not that I am lazy. But calling me "Stupid"?)
Back to top Go down
russie
russie

Anger Management? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management?   Anger Management? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 11:06 am

I'm not sure if i think this is the right way to go about it, but i can understand you wanting to voice your opinion poli, definitely! I think if we have a problem with someone in either alliance, we should bring it up with them directly, if nothing else, it'll stop people getting involved who possibly shouldnt be involved.

I think the most important thing to remember, is;

It's a game. We're all here, cos the bottom line is, we want to have fun! There is no need for conflict people!! Do what me and haag do, have a coffee and a cig, chill out Wink

Poli, i'm not trying to take away from the fact that you were basically wronged yesterday, i'm just hoping to put a lid on any further conflicts. I dont know what happened, or who it was that called you stupid, but i'm sorry. Shouldnt have had to get to that, whether it was a host, presbyter, officer or member, and whether it was justified or not.

What i'd suggest though, to voice your concerns about a certain person, whoever it might be, talk to your host or bring it up with the person directly. That way, we shouldnt get any rage threads on forums, cos even i know that not everyone will get along all the time, and then you get the meddlers lol

So, again, sorry it came to that poli, hope it doesnt happen again.

And no, this isnt me laying down the law, cos i dont wear a sheriffs badge, it's just my personal opinion Smile
Back to top Go down
Macht
Admin
Macht

alliance rank : Vice Host

Anger Management? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management?   Anger Management? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 4:01 pm

im just going to say a simple, keep it clean, if it gets out of hand i will close it and trash it, i will not permit a flame war here, this is a friendly place for people from both alliances. thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://olympian.inmyclan.com
Oakshlarde
Oakshlarde

alliance rank : Host

Anger Management? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management?   Anger Management? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:59 pm

I agree with Macht and Russie; if you need to say something to someone, talk to them through whisper or mail. However this doesn't give you the right to flip out on them, start cursing at them, etc. If you need to talk out something with someone do it respectfully. AND for the newer members some of these ppl I and others have been with for a while now, so 99.9% of the time if its between you and them, your going to be the one kicked.

-Oak
Back to top Go down
Polikyt

Anger Management? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management?   Anger Management? EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 1:16 am

Understood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anger Management? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anger Management?   Anger Management? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anger Management?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olympian Forums :: General :: General-
Jump to: